If you make Moong Dal Tadka Moong Dal Tadka with our recipe, then you will forget the taste of all the lentils and always ask you to make Moong Dal. If you make this pulse in the summer season, then you will not feel like eating green vegetables.
So let us know while not delaying how to make Moong Dal Tadka What is the recipe for making Moong Dal Tadka?
Essential Ingredients of Moong Dal Tadka
Moong Dal 100 grams (without peel)
Tomato – 3 (medium size)
Turmeric Powder One Teaspoon
Red chili powder 1 teaspoon
Oil – 2 tablespoons
Cumin powder a teaspoon
Coriander Powder One Teaspoon
Garam masala a spoon
Ghee 1 tbsp
Cumin seeds 2 tsp
Onion paste 1 teaspoon
Garlic Ginger Paste 1 teaspoon
Cinnamon two small pieces
Bay leaf one
Coriander leaves (Sambhar) a bowl
Dry red chili – 4
Salt to taste
Method of preparation of Moong Dal Tadka
1) To make Moong Dal Tadka , first beat the moong dal with water. After washing, add moong dal, 2 cups of water, turmeric powder and 1 whole tomato and boil it on medium flame till 3 whistles.
2) Put oil in a pan and heat it. When the oil is hot then add cinnamon, bay leaves, cumin seeds and fry till they crackle. Now add onion paste and fry for 1 minute. Now add ginger garlic paste and roast it for 1 minute.
3) Spices have been roasted. Now add chopped tomatoes and fry them by adding turmeric powder, red chilli powder, cumin powder, coriander powder. Fry till the tomatoes become soft or the oil starts coming out of the edges.
4) Now take out the tomatoes from the boiled lentils in the cooker, now put this lentils in the pan, add water as per the patli or thick and mix salt, garam masala, sambhar (green coriander) and cook it on medium gas for two to three minutes.
5) Moong dal – Moong dal is cooked. Now put ghee in the bowl and add cumin, dry red chilli, chilli powder and fry till the cumin seeds crackle. Now add the tempering to the dal and mix it.
6) Moong Dal Tadka is ready. Serve it with rice , roti or paratha along with kurodi, pickle, curd chilli .